Confidential, independent advice, information & support

Advocacy is all about representing your rights and helping you to make choices. Our specially trained advocates work with looked after children and care leavers up to the age of 25 as well as with young people in Beechcroft Child and Adolescent Inpatient Unit. 

Advocates can

  • provide you with information and advice on your rights
  • go to meetings with you
  • help you ask for a service
  • help you speak out about decisions that affect you
  • help you make a complaint

Working with an advocate may involve anything from one short phone call to several meetings until things are sorted out. At all times the advocacy service helps you remain in control.

If you are a professional or carer working with looked after children or care leavers, we can:

  • provide you and your team with training on care related issues
  • take a referral of a child or young person
  • signpost you to other services

How do I get an advocate?

It's easy.

Visiting Advocacy

Our advocates visit children’s homes and secure units regularly. During the visit, you will have time to talk to an advocate about issues you would like their help with.

Advocacy in Beechcroft Child and Adolescent Inpatient Unit

Our advocates support young people in Beechcroft Child and Adolescent Inpatient Unit. Contact our Belfast office to find out more.

How to make a complaint

We are committed to providing a great service for all the young people we work with. However we recognise that you may be unhappy about the quality of our service, about something we have done or about something we have not done. You have a right to complain.

To find out more about how you can make a complaint, our complaints leaflet »